4/08/2005

You know you do it too While I'm at the computer sometimes, I check the email like 4 times back to back. See, we don't have the feature where new mail just pops up. Oh no. We have to click a receive button any time we want to see if there's new mail. And it just so happens that I want to know about 10 times a minute. David laughs at me, but that's OK. "How could you think there'll be new mail 5 seconds after you just clicked the button?" But sometimes SOMETIMES there IS new mail! There's something so great about hearing the bah-BAH of new mail arriving. Instead of the little sweep, sweep of no messages. Such a sad little sound. "No one wants to talk to you," it announces. Someone MUST want to send me a message. Someone! Someone, where ARE you? I need some mail here! And not just from Pottery Barn and Netflix. Oh yeah, those guys love me. Sometimes they love me so much that I get two of the same messages. But at least I get to hear bah-BAH even if I'm not so excited once I see what the mail is. It's kind of for the same reasons that I don't check our mailbox. David does that. I don't like getting bills. Magazines and cards and presents are always appreciated, (bah-BAH ) but I don't want any bills thanks. Sweep, sweep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mair said...

Those sounds sound so peaceful. Well, the sweep sweep one anyway. I know the bah BAH! is more exciting, but sweep sweep sounds like the shoop shoop of windshield wipers to me. Kinda ... relaxing. Well, if you're not driving, that is.

4/11/2005 12:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home