10/01/2005

A happy ending. Almost The car situation has been resolved. The battery replaced, the seat heater in top working order. FINALLY. It's the best experience I've had with them in the two years I've had the car. The tow truck came, took the car to the dealer, the dealer called when it got there, said they'd replace the battery and swore they would actually fix the hot spot while it was there. And they did all of those things. I even managed to remember to get my SmartTag out of the loaner car. Then when I was on my way to work yesterday, I was digging in my purse for my badge (so I could get into the garage) and remembered that David had taken my checkbook to the bank with him (to make a deposit) after he'd dropped me off at the gym. This is when the cell phone comes in super handy. I push the 2 button and it calls David's cell. (1 is for voicemail. Don't give me that, the phone came like that. I didn't choose to put voicemail over David.) Me: Hey, where's my checkbook? D: Shit. Me: It's in the (expletive) (expletive) loaner car, isn't it!?! D: Yes, it's in the glove compartment. Me: Expletive expletive expletive. I have to go! I have to shift gears. Great. GREAT. My checkbook is in the loaner car. OK. OK. David's probably calling them right now to see if they can get it before someone else takes the car. I hope someone else hasn't already taken the car. I called him back a few minutes later. Me: Did you call them? (I'm driving after all. And with a stick shift, sometimes you just don't have an extra phone hand. I'd had to pull over I was so flustered. I couldn't find my badge to get into the garage, so I was parked outside the front of the building.) D: No. I'm just going to go down there. Me: But you have to CALL them to stop them from giving it out before you get there. (I'm sure I said some other stuff, but mostly, I was just annoyed because 1. He'd left it in the car and 2. Because he wasn't even calling them to see if they still had it.) D: All RIGHT. I'll call them. (OK, is it me or is there something wrong with this?) M: Just forget it. I'll do it myself. D: No, I'm gonna call them. M: You should have already! You're acting like you don't care! I don't want someone to steal all my money! You get the idea. I was worried and mad and apparently making him feel bad. So I called later and said I was sorry for that. I just get worried about that stuff and he never seems as worried about it as I am. He said he'd call me when he had it. This is extra embarrassing because the last time I had a loaner car, I left my SmartTag in it. So this time when I turned in the loaner, I told them I was pretty sure I'd gotten everything out of it this time. And now I feel like an idiot even though it isn't my fault. And they're totally going to think it's my fault because it's my checkbook. David finally called back a while later with an "I don't have it." Yeah. It's in a town that's an hour away. (Some people who have Coopers have to drive that far to have them serviced. There are only three dealerships in the state.) Checkbook still in the car. They called the guy who has it and he knows it's there. He said he'd keep it safe. It should be back in town today or Monday. The guy at the dealer said he'd call us when he has it. David has been sitting about 2 feet away from me the whole time I've been writing this. I'm still annoyed with him. But that's marriage, right? I love him. And he made me some tea. Aww.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mair said...

I'm confused why you can't shift and talk on the phone?

10/01/2005 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

My phone's a lot smaller than yours. I can't just hold it in place with my shoulder.

10/02/2005 07:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

I can't, either. I think it's about steering with the knees that lets me do it.

10/03/2005 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

HAHAHA. OMG. Chrissy can do that too. I would totally crash the car. I've tried to do that before just to see if I could. Good thing I wasn't relying on it.

10/03/2005 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home