2/16/2006

I's been busy
Banana bread (or banana chocolate-chip bread, if you please) 2  cups all-purpose flour 1  cup sugar 2  teaspoons baking powder 1/2  teaspoon baking soda 1/4  teaspoon salt 1  cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium) 1/2  cup margarine or butter, softened 3  tablespoons milk 2   eggs 1  cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional) 1. In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed ripe banana, margarine or butter, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and remaining flour; beat until blended. Stir in walnuts. 2. Pour into two greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight, for easier slicing. Makes 1 large loaf or 2 smaller loaves. Make-Ahead Tip: Up to 1 month ahead, make and bake banana bread. Cool completely. Place each loaf in a freezer bag and freeze for up to a month. Thaw for 1 hour at room temperature before using. Also, I made these for our bedroom. They'll go on the wall over our nightstands. Maybe another photo when they're in place.

4 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

yum!

2/17/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Mair said...

I think there's an error. The word "optional" should never go by chocolate chips. Just a friendly correction. ;-)

What is the paper in those frames?

2/17/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mair said...

Oh, also? Can you put the cheddar-cracker recipe in the sidebar? Mmm.

2/17/2006 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Thanks, Gen. It was pretty good!

Malia, I spose it could have been the walnuts that were optional. :) Heh heh. I never put nuts in my bread though. Patooey. Anyhoo. That's the first time I've put chocolate chips in. David loved it!

Now for the art work... it's one of those album frames with a piece of scrapbooking paper (brown -- oh sorry, I mean truffle) as the background with another piece of paper -- a light pink background with a pattern cut down a couple inches on each side. I got all the paper at a scrapbooking store. (Michael's has some, but not a huge selection.) Also, the paper was a little smaller than the frame, so I had to use a bigger piece of mat board as my base. (Then I glue-sticked the brown paper to the mat board and then cut down the pink paper and applied it on top of the
brown.)

And sure, I'll put that recipe up for you! I'll do it tonight.

2/17/2006 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home