9/24/2005

So tired Yesterday David took the Cooper to have its seat fixed. I was excited that by the end of the day, I'd have a new heating part that wouldn't burn me bum. I should have known better. First of all, David got there and they told him it would take 4-5 hours, which they'd failed to mention when he made the appointment. So he asks for a loaner car. "Oh, I don't know about that," the guy says. But David wouldn't let up. He made them find him a car. The guy came back and said he has one, but it doesn't have any gas in it. David says, "I'll put gas in it myself, just give me the car." So he did. And David put gas in their car, a yellow Mini Cooper. They said they'd call him when it was done. At 4:30, I called him to see what was going on. Nothing, he said. They hadn't called. He said he'd call them and then let me know what was going on. Hours pass. I was at work, so I didn't really think anything of it. He called at 9:30 and said he had the car back. I said "Thanks for calling me like you said you would!" But I was just kidding. D: Well. I wanted to, but I was scared. M: Why honey? What happened? D: It's not fixed. M: WHAT. What did they do? D: They didn't do ANYTHING to the car. It just sat there all day. They said the new part is just like the old one and it would do the same thing. M: WHAT. D: Yeah. They're idiots. And the guy didn't even really care. And they didn't call to say they weren't going to do anything to the car. M: So if you hadn't called, it would still be there. D: Yes. GAH. M: Well, we'll fill out a BBB complaint and take it from there. I'm not giving up. D: The service guy said we could call Allen on Monday. (Allen is the manager of the dealership, who never returned our last call.) M: Do you want me to take over? Because I WILL. D: No, you get too upset. I'm going to see this through. (Last time I dealt with them, I cried. At home. Not at the dealership.) M: OK, honey. Also, an interesting note: The heaters in the yellow loaner Cooper worked just fine. Hmm. I'm totally not giving up on this, which is what they want us to do. We're going to be total thorns in their sides. Jerks. On the other hand, I'm so tired of dealing with this and of talking about it. And I'm sure everyone who knows us is tired of hearing about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger bucktoothedvarmint said...

This is absolutely ridiculous. I've found however that the BBB complaint form gets people moving.

9/24/2005 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

I hope so. I'm glad it's a relatively minor car problem. Sigh.

9/24/2005 02:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home