10/07/2004

An asymmetrical composition


Michelles project
Originally uploaded by jasclo.
So, in my interior design class I had to create a 3D assymetrical composition. I wanted to use materials that everyone else wouldn't be using so I decided to mount it on glass. The forms were cut from foam core. Then I attached craft paper to the foam core for some texture. I used guache to paint to two red pieces. The circle got this awesome crackling. I don't know if you can see it in this photo.

Anyway. The teacher loved everyone's projects. So we move on to creating an asymmetrical room design, which I bombed. Splain me this... Why can I get it with abstraction and not when we're talking real life. To make it even weirder, my teacher (who has been to my house) said I've done it successfully in my own living room. But I have trouble in some made-up studio apartment.

Well, back to the drawing board.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to sign my name on closing my comments! So I'm going to put it on the top line from now on....
This is YoMama,
And your abstract is really neat looking. I think you have quite the creative eye. As for getting it right at home and not seeming to get it right in the class, well don't worry about it....I once knew a girl who was raised in a household where her mom was spanish and her dad was american...her mom taught her to speak spanish fluently, they spoke it at home all the time....but when the girl took the class at school, she failed it because she couldn't learn it out of the book! You obviously are doing something right as your living room is beautiful!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

10/08/2004 03:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home