4/09/2005

Tastes like... salad Several times a week, I take yogurt and fruit to work as a snack. Sounds healthy, huh? And I put in a little fiber-y cereal for good measure -- and crunch. I really like it. Usually. A couple days ago, I took it with me but didn't eat it. No problem. I left it in the fridge at work so I could eat it the next day. I've done it before. It's actually better after the fruit has sat in the yogurt overnight. Unless it's been stored in a container that previously held salad with ranch dressing. Then it tastes like yogurt and fruit and salad and ranch dressing. All good things separately, but not so good all together. I hadn't brought much to work that night and since I knew why it smelled funny, I really tried to eat it. But. I. Just. Couldn't. I ate maybe half of it and then decided it was just too gross. Who wants to eat yogurt and fruit that tastes like salad? I'm famous in my house for this line: "SMELL this!" David always says "It smells FINE to me." Then I give him a look which says riiiiiight, I'm not eating THAT. But he's usually right. I just have this habit of smelling everything because most of the time I don't remember when I bought it. Mailavale came over to me the other night with a quizzical look on her face. "Smell my applesauce." Sniff, sniff. Quizical look. I tell her it smells kinda metallic. Yeah, it does, she says as she takes another bite. And it was mostly gone already. So she finished it. And I'm happy to report that she is still alive today. The same night though, I brought some soup I'd picked up from a supermarket last week. It's been a good 5 days since I bought it. And the sell-by date was April 3rd. I was eating it April 6th. I open it. Sniff, sniff. Smells.... funny. So I taste it. Tastes OK. I heat it up and smell it again. Smells the same, now it's just warm. So I call Maliavale over. "Smell my soup!" We start to laugh. What's WRONG with us? She said it smells fine to her. So I ate it. It turned out OK. This time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mair said...

We're alieeeeeve! You can't get rid of us yet, world!

4/11/2005 12:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home