4/10/2005

Let's talk about discontent Today, I've had it with everything in my house. And I know exactly what the problem is. During (and since college), David and I have moved around quite a bit. I went to college in Northern Virginia for two years, then I switched colleges and lived in a dorm in Richmond for a year. Then David and I got an apartment. We lived there for two years. Then we moved to a bigger apartment for a year. Then we moved to Lynchburg for about a year. Then back to Richmond where we had another apartment for two years. Then. Then, my dear friends, we bought a house. It's been three years. We haven't moved for three years. THREE YEARS! My friend Chrissy and I were talking about how discontent we feel right now. Actually, she was the first one to use the word. But then, I realized THAT'S what this feeling of malaise is. It's finally spring. It's gorgeous outside. Except every time I look out the window, I get sad because we can't grow grass. She's talking about selling their house and using the profit to pay off all their debt. Then the four of them (two adults, two kids) would live in an apartment for a year. Now. I'm not THAT discontent. Right now, I want to give myself a pedicure (instead of paying to have someone else do it), but do you know how uncomfortable it is to sit on the side of my bathtub? Let me tell you. I did it last night for a few minutes and it was not fun at all. For a pedicure, you have to do that for 15 minutes. (What!? You DO! It takes a while to get the skin to soften up, yo!) No, we're still not going to buy a new house. We just refinanced this one. But I'm washing all my curtains right now and PERHAPS we can get new carpet and new kitchen and bathroom floors. Maybe that will make me feel better. Oh yeah. And some grass, please God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasclo said...

Oh, no no. David does the mowing. :)

4/11/2005 08:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home