6/21/2006

Out of my element Sunday, I met my sister and dad for lunch to celebrate Father's Day. They both live about 2.5 hours from me (or rather I live 2.5 hours from them, since I'm the one who moved away), so we decided to meet at the nearest "city" (Fredericksburg) so no one had to drive the whole trip. I'd cleared it with my sister last week, then called dad. He got all excited. "You know where we're going then, right?" I braced myself because I knew where this was going. How could I have forgotten? "Oh nooo." "That's right! Hooter's! My choice! My choice!" Well then. I guessed I was going to Hooters. That would be the second time he's made me go. The last time, he came to stay with us for a week and did some work to the house for us. A small price to pay for professional labor, I suppose. On Saturday I had lunch with a friend from work and confessed that I was going there. Only because I was being forced. He said he'd taken his kids there once because they wanted hot dogs and he couldn't find anywhere else to take them. A couple came in while they were there, but he could tell the woman did not want to be at Hooters. She made her husband sit at the bar, but when he kept turning around to see what was going on in the rest of the restaurant, she wanted to move because she probably thought he was looking at the girls. They moved to another table. Finally, she led him to a table on to the patio. I decided I wasn't going to be like that. Sure, I'm going to a place I normally wouldn't, but that's no reason to act like an ass. Ahem, there's plenty of that being seen already. (Come on, laugh!) So we met on Sunday and while we were sitting at our table, our waitress was talking to this guy at a table behind us. We couldn't figure out if that was her boyfriend or what. It didn't sound like they knew each other very well, but I heard her say to him, "You can always tell the women who don't want to be in here. They can be really mean." She said some other things, but that was the big point. I remembered the story my friend told me and was glad that I had decided to just go with it. And you know what? In all seriousness, the wings are pretty good*. * Disclaimer: I had only one wing. Still detoxing, you know. I ordered a salad and some crab legs, which I have to say were pretty good.

3 Comments:

Blogger bucktoothedvarmint said...

Once you get past the silliness -- the orange crackriders and the big bazooms -- the food isn't half bad.

(Not that I would know, of course.)

6/21/2006 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

See, now I was going to say that the thing about that place is for all the hype, the food really isn't even very good. But then both you and BTV contradicted that. Hmm. It's been years since I was forced into a Hooters; maybe the food has improved.

Oh, and I've been there with my dad, too. That just seems so very wrong, doesn't it??

6/21/2006 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Uh huh. I hear ya, BTV.

Steph, Ha! Yes it DOES seem wrong. I'm glad that fact didn't occur to only me. But what can you do? Sigh.

The food was fine. Not that I'm going to be a regular customer or anything. Now THAT would be weird.

6/21/2006 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home