8/26/2005

RIP, SFU Part II I just downloaded the Six Feet Under sountrack (Vol. 2 -- Everything Ends). It includes the song from the finale ("Breathe Me" by Sia) and about 12 other fabulous tunes. It's so great. (Here's a list of all the songs in the finale.) Really, you have to hear it. Our iTunes was having a hissyfit last night, so this morning I checked the Best Buy site to see if any of the area stores had it in stock. They didn't and iTunes decided to work... so like magic I have it now. Yay. Anyhoo. I'm just sayin' if you can't download it, you can check Best Buy before you go there for nothing. As the show was playing the song I was thinking about how great it was. Then David said it. Then everyone over at Nabbalicious said it too and someone gave the song name and the artist. So thanks to that person! I looked up the artist and it turns out there's a whole two soundtracks from the show. Who knew!!? My good friend Nabbalicious has been writing a lot about the ending and how haunting and beautiful it was. Two things about the show have really stuck with me. One -- right before David died, he saw Durrell (or Anthony?) running toward him and then it was Keith. I think that broke me up the most. Perhaps because I can't imagine living without (my husband) David and it remind that I sometimes worry if he's out and I haven't heard from him for a long time. But the other thing was that throughout the show, Brenda and Billy had that weird, strong connection to each other that the show held onto until the very end. I think that says something about human nature and how we may fight to overcome what we truly are, but in the end we have to just learn to accept and embrace it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home