8/20/2005

If you're loopy and you know it, clap your hands Stupid allergies. I've taken some children's benadry and it's a. making me loopy, b. making me very drowsy or c. both, which is kinda hard to understand, but true all the same. We set the alarm this morning for 7 because I wanted to go to a class at 8:30. Yeah. Well. I didn't go. The alarm went off and my throat was mostly closed. I love how the symptoms graduate a little each day until one morning you wake up with a sealed throat and super stuffy nose. Sometimes, allergies, I say you will not make me stop being normal. But then I go to the gym anyway and start breathing hard, which aggravates my throat and then when I finally go to the doctor, I have bronchitis. Now this may not actually be the way it happens, but it's the way I think it happens. And it's my story, so if I say I think that's the way it happens, then that's the way it's gonna be here. So yeah, anyway. I went back to sleep. When we finally woke up and started moving around, it was about 11. Chrissy called. Yesterday, she'd told me she was feeling pretty crappy allergy-wise too. I was very glad it wasn't just me. I'd taken an Allegra Thursday, one Friday and one early this morning. And... nothing. Meanwhile, Chrissy reports that she's doing much better because she took some of Abigail's children's benadryl. Huh, I thought. Maybe I will get some of that. She said it didn't make her drowsy and worked like a charm. I figured if it's that good, what the heck. I'll try it. David and I had to go grocery shopping, so I thought we'd try to get some while we were there. Only the grocery store is under construction and the pharmacy and all it's accoutrements are temporarily two doors down. Now, when you're not feeling like yourself, you don't want to have to go to two places... one for chicken soup and one for medicine. It's a crock. And a hassle. I just wanted to get in the car and go home. Nowhere else. But my car needed gas, so we stopped for that. And then we stopped at a drug store for the baby benadryl. They're chewable tablets (grape!) and I kinda wondered if the cashier would know that we didn't have kids and would think we were buying the pills to crush up and create drugs. People do that now, you know. I don't remember exactly what drug they create, but create they do. Anyway, so here I am hours later with some kind of weird can't-focus-can't-keep-my-eyes- open kinda thing. And I took only two tablets. That's like 25 mg. And here you are suffering the consequences. I'm sorry. Go back to whatever it is you were doing before you entered the land of children's benadryl for adults. But just one more thing -- the makers of that stuff apparently expect adults to take it because there's dosage instructions for adults. It says 2 to 4 tablets. I'd hate to see what 4 tablets would do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

OH, I'm sorry you're having allergy problems, but kind of relieved to know it's not just me. Thursday, sore throat. Today, full on allergy issues. I had to start back on the allegra and flonase... have you tried the flonase? It's gross, spraying stuff up your nose, but I find it really helps.

8/22/2005 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Gen, seriously. Try the children's stuff. It really helped me. My head's still a little... fuzzy but it's mostly taken care of the sore throat.

Also, don't laugh, but I'm kind of afraid of nasal sprays. I hear they can be pretty addictive and I'm already addicted to chapstick (actually mint Blistex lip balm), so I don't want to up the addiction factor. :)

8/22/2005 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home