7/31/2005

Weekend fan warriors I've been watching this show on A&E (I think) called Flip This House. What an awesome job to have. I suggested tonight to my dad that we should do that... buy old houses, fix them up and sell them for profit. Now I know there isn't as much profit in it as some might think there is. But still, how satisfying would that be? To take something and give it a new life? And my dad and I could go into business together. Only when I told him this grand plan, he laughed. "Oh, I've done THAT before." He has?! "Well, I didn't buy them. But I've fixed them up to be sold." Oh dad. Not quite the same thing. But he says it's too much of a headache. So I don't think I have a partner after all. Any why would he want me anyway? I don't know how to do anything. I just know what looks good. And you know what would look terrific? A new white ceiling fan in our master bedroom. With a medallion. A few weeks ago, David put up a new light fixture in the guest bathroom. Ka-ching, I got cocky. Friday we bought a new ceiling fan. With a light fixture. There was a ceiling fan with a light in there already so I figured it couldn't be that hard to replace. BAH HAHAHA. Honestly, I don't know where I get these silly ideas. Not that hard? Ha. It's been the weekend fan experience. We started at about 6 -- and by we, I mean David. I was supportive though and sat up there for a while. Until I tried to turn on the TV and thought the remote was broken. I'm such a genius. I forgot we had to turn off the electricity in there. At 6:30, David realized he needed some different screws so he went to Lowe's. When he got back, we were both hungry so we stopped for dinner. (I helped SOME! I put the little doodas on the fan blades and attached them to the base.) He got back to it around 8:30. And, well, he's still at it. And it's 12:20. I guess I may have to give up the thought of redoing houses. On that show, they turn them around for sale in a couple of weeks. It would take us that long just to put up the light fixtures. But hey, I'd be what you'd call the project manager. I'd just pick the stuff out and someone else would put it up. Oh wait, that's pretty much what I do here too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

This is why I post pictures of me installing a peephole. Some of this stuff seems harder than it is.

Plus you know.. .peephole. That's fun to say. I told like three people about it today at the office.

No one was impressed. I figure they're renters.

8/01/2005 08:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home