9/20/2005

Cowboys and (American) Indians Football season can get a little tense in our house. Actually, it's mostly two games of the season I'm interested in. David is a Redskins fan. I don't really care about football, except that I've always loved the Cowboys. Why you ask? Well, I will tell you. Though it's stupid and embarrassing and you have to promise not to make fun. OK, here goes... In fourth grade, I had a crush (it may even have been my first crush!) on a boy who loved the Cowboys, so I started liking them too. I don't think I used it as a ploy to have something in common with him, though. Oh no, I'm not that kind of girl. Not even then. He probably didn't even know that I'd taken on a football team in his honor. (Oh yes, I was the silent type.) But to this day, I still have a weak spot for the Dallas Cowboys. The whole cheerleader craze probably helped a little, too. Do you remember the made-for-tv movie about the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders? Ahh. Those were the days. I wonder if he still likes Dallas. I don't think that crush lasted too long though because a new guy came to town and then I liked him instead. (Yes, sometimes I can be a little fickle. Oh, but not anymore, David. Don't worry, honey.) And as it turned out, he was best friends with the first guy. And actually, the three of us were friends. And then the second guy? He moved away and I never saw him again. Anyway. So Redskins vs. Dallas can get kind of heated in our house. Well, as heated as it can get when one of us (ahem) falls asleep during the game. BOYS! When I went to sleep, you were up by 13. And then? THEN YOU LET IT GO! David tells me that the Skins scored two touchdowns in the fourth. I don't know. He may be lying. Did you see these alleged touchdowns? Boys, I'm very disappointed. Oh well. I doesn't really matter, see because I don't care that much. And David does. I just like to get riled up and rub it in when his team loses. But I'll let him have this win. Just this once. Because we all know the Skins hardly ever beat Dallas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was actually reaching for the remote when they scored the first touchdown. I'm glad I stayed up. It was spectacular. You could have heard a pin drop.
It more than made up for '83, when I stayed up half the night watching Washington give up a 23-3 halftime lead to Dallas and lose 31-30.

9/20/2005 06:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home