10/13/2004

Gotta love libraries


Little Earthquakes
Originally uploaded by jasclo.
Instead of spending $30 on Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner, which I'm dying to read, I decided to see if the library had it. I was surpised that they do. I wasn't surprised, however, that it is not on the shelf. It's on the Bestsellers List so I knew if they even had the book, it would be a long shot to actually find it in. So I asked to be put it on hold. I'm number 29. But, the librarian said, they have about four copies so it shouldn't take as long as I'd think. I thought, "Wow. Number 29." Well, OK. Nothing to do but wait. I hope it will be worth it. And I think it will be. The librarian also told me that I can request holds on books and renew online. How cool! So I checked on another book, Trace by Patricia Cornwell. Suddenly, 29 doesn't look so bad. Trace has more than 200 holds. I'll try to catch up with that one next year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YoMamma is waaaaay head of you in that game girl! I've been using the library for years! I told you it would save you some serious $$$$ AND some bookshelf space! LOL Libraries are great...Im so glad you're on the wagon now!
Love you!

I want to post comments of charity's blog, but she won't allow anonymous comments on hers! I simply have to get logged in and get my own blog! There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me between working, taking care of mom and the 'livestock' and now my new found love of beading! ARGH!

10/14/2004 08:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home