11/10/2004

A Little Princess


A Mural for Abigail
Originally uploaded by jasclo.
When Abby was a baby, David was supposed to paint a tree in her nursery. Well, she's moved out of the nursery and into her "big girl" room and she's finally getting that mural. Only this time it's not a tree. It's Cinderella's castle and carriage. She's very excited about this painting. After david drew it on the wall, she decided one night that she would help him. If you look closely at the mural, you can see extra pencil scribbles. That' just a 2-year-old's way of saying, "I can help" and "You're cool." Well, that's what we're going with anyway. It's not done yet, but when he is done, it'll be fabulous. I know it.

Just after he started painting it, he spread on a brown made from a mixture of colors where the grass should (will) be. I crinkled my forehead and asked what that was. "I thought it was supposed to be grass." It will be, he says. "Just give me time." Before we left, guess what? It was getting green! Ha!! Chrissy and I laughed. She had said she had started to just paint it herself before calling in David, the pro. "And just think. I would have just painted it green!" Ahh, the ignorance of us nonartists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home