12/17/2004

But I was here yesterday too!


Those rotten kittens
Originally uploaded by jasclo.
I guess you'll notice that the photo doesn't really go with what I'm writing about. So I'm just telling you up front. The cats didn't have anything to do with making or buying chocolate. But they're cute and I wanted a photo today. So there you go.

Yesterday I went to a chocolatier in hopes of buying some handmade truffles to give as gifts. When I got there, about five other people were there and the chocolate cases were empty. EMPTY. Sigh. I figured maybe they had some in boxes already. But no. The store has been open only seven weeks and a story ran in the paper about it a few days ago. Since then, the chocolate sells out so quickly. I asked if I could order what I wanted and come back and get it the next day. The man said no because he didn't know if he'd even have it. His wife, the lady who makes the chocolate, was at home working as fast as she could and the electricity had gone out the day before. So not only was the article having people flock to the shop, but the electricity loss meant she hadn't been able to make as much. There's just one woman making the chocolate. One. I think I might get a part-time job helping her.

We went back today and were lucky enough to buy a few 4-piece boxes for friends and family. We got there about 15 minutes after opening and there was already a line and not many truffles left. We also got a couple of pieces for ourselves. WOW.

I'm going to try to make some this weekend. I know they won't be as great as hers, but I have to see what I can do. Stay tuned for photos!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that chocolate was goooooood, too! Worth the wait. Mmmm boy!

-Mary

12/19/2004 06:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home