2/05/2005

Our next-door neighbors are selling their house. They moved last summer and a few months later they put up a "for sale by owner" sign. Nothing happened.Then they were going to rent it. That apparently didn't work out because now there's a Remax sign out there. Here's why this is relevant: 1. A few mornings ago, David and I got up, opened the front door and saw three cars parked in our cul-de-sac. They were obviously at the for-sale house. But one of them was blocking our driveway. On a Tuesday morning. There was PLENTY of room in the driveway for at least two of those cars (There was a home-inspection pickup already in the driveway. But at least two, if not all three, of those other cars could have been in the driveway." David was the one who opened the door. "What the f---," he said as he looked out. "WHO parks IN FRONT of someone's driveway!?" He was running late and needed to get to work, so he got his stuff together and headed out the door to tell some idiot to move their car. He went out to his truck and backed it all the way to the end of the driveway. Then a guy came out of the house and headed toward the vehicles. David calls to him "Hey, is that your red Explorer?" Now. You'd think the guy would say, "Oh. We're blocking your driveway! Sorry!" But no. He said, "Why?" WHY?? WHY??? Are you kidding me? David's truck was as far as it would go without hitting the Explorer. I guess that guy saw nothing wrong with this siutation. So David said, "Because it's blocking my driveway and I need to get out." Hence the truck being all the way at the end of the driveway. Here's why I love my husband. He didn't freak out. He told the guy what he wanted and then he got it. I saw the exchange, but I didn't hear the whole story until that night after work because David never came back in. But when I heard that the guy had said WHY, I just couldn't believe it. What the hell? I seriously hope he won't be our new neighbor because, and yes, I know this is mean and I only say it because I'm venting. But, this guy, he just might be too dumb to own a house. If he had said why to me, I just cannot tell you what would have happened. I'm sure there might have been some name calling or some profanity involved. Which is not good because that never gets you what you want. Well, not usually anyway. 2. Oh yeah, baby. There's another part of this puzzle. So, I told you the house next door is for sale. So there's hardly ever anyone there. No one is living there and they've left their huge double spotlight on. Which shines... guess where. Right into our bedroom. Yes, you heard me. So it's like that scene in Christmas Vacation where Clarke finally gets the lights to come on and the neighbors (one of whom is Julia Louis Dreyfus) get blinded as they're trying to sleep. Similar situation. So, I'm kind of at a crossroads here. There's a work van over there RIGHT THIS SECOND. I could go over and plead with whoever is there to turn on the porch light and turn off the spotlights. But the thing is, I THINK they're already off. I can't tell in the darned daylight. Last night, we hung a huge beach towel over the blinds to block out the light. And that was actually fine... except when the curtain rod came tumbling down. That's always fun at 1 a.m. And David had to fix it then or else we'd think we were living in Alaska with 24-hour sun. The fun never stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home