7/14/2005

Yesterday Part II: "You can call back tomorrow" And that's not all from yesterday. On my way home from work, I almost hit a dog down the street from my house. Then when I got home, the two dogs from next door were in my driveway. And a third dog I'd never seen before. There'd been a huge storm and they were all really wet. I got out of the car and the beagle (she might be a mix... i dunno. i'll have to post some photos) came up to me. She's such a sweetie. She followed me to my door, tail wagging away. The other two followed. I told them to GO! so I could open my front door and not worry about my cats getting eaten. The lab and the other dog (I'm so not good with breeds) left, but Roxy (the beagle) stayed, looking at me with her big brown eyes. It was so hard to make her leave when all I really wanted to do was hug her and hold her. But I mustered all my resolve and told her to GO HOME. And she did. (sob!) I put down my stuff and said hi to Chloe and Jasper, as I usually do then went to check my email. I heard some barking at my front door and ran into the living room in case the storm door wasn't latched all the way. There was Jas standing at the front door, back arched, hair raised staring down the three dogs. Enough is enough. I went next door. And of course, no one was there. I went back to my house, pulled out the phone book and called the county's animal control office. After getting a LIVE HUMAN VOICE, I told the woman what was going on and that the dogs next door are not very well taken care of. I know two of the dogs, but the third one, I've never seen before. No response. "Hello?" I said. "Well, the animal control office is closed right now." Um. OK, then why are you there? What am I supposed to do about the dogs? "You can call us back if there's a problem." "There IS a problem. They're ON MY PORCH and I don't want them on my porch." "There's no one here right now who can take care of it. You can call back in the morning." "Can't you make a report or something so they'll come in the morning?" "No, I don't do that. You'll have to call back tomorrow." Well. Thanks for NOTHING lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home