9/29/2005


projects!
Originally uploaded by jasclo.
Just call me talented, it's OK I had a very busy couple days off. Here are the fruits of some of that labor. The photos are before, after, before, after. (I snapped the first one about 2 minutes after we brought the bench in. I call that photo "The Inspectors.")

I found this stuff at my favorite antique and I thought they were absolute steals. I got the bench for $55 and the chest for $65. If I had a store or something, I could probably sell them for at least double that.

On the bench, I just recovered the cushions with some fabric I got from the remnant table. Seriously, it cost like $2.

The chest was took a little more elbow grease. I sanded it, a very important step to get the paint to stick. Then painted it with two coats of antique white, which I happened to have in my paint closet. After the paint dried, I used an antiquing glaze made by Sunny's Goodtime Paint*. This is some awesome stuff. It was a little expensive: $30 for the quart, but the effect is amazing. I know I'll use it again. And again. And again. Watch out, house, this woman has some antiquing glaze and she's not afraid to use it.

*Disclaimer: If you visit the site and look at the rooms painted/"decorated" using the products, just know that I do not endorse 90 percent of them. Most of them look like something Martha Stewart would do on a bad acid trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasclo said...

Thanks! I think it's amazing how you can change something to make it look even better than it did originally.

Good luck on your furniture journey!

9/29/2005 01:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home