6/27/2006

Evidence. Or why my eyebrows are not the same A couple weeks ago my friend Chrissy called asking if I wanted to get pedicures at one of those strip-mall places. Those places make me nervous, but it's a pedicure so yeah I want one. It was the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend so we had some trouble finding one that was open. We finally did though. Guys did them, which also makes me uncomfortable. Not because I think men aren't supposed to do that stuff. It's not that at all. It's just one of those things you can't really explain. If it helps, all my doctors are women too. Even my dentist. There's just no way I'm going to talk about cramps and PMS to someone who will never ever have any idea about how that stuff feels. OK, that doesn't have anything to do with pedicures so let's get back to the task at hand. I didn't like the guy I got. He was rough and it seemed like he was pushing us out the door before we even came in. As we're sitting in the chairs, feet in water, Chrissy says she's getting her eyebrows waxed. Here?! She had to be kidding. But she surely was not jesting. She let them touch her eyebrows. And they looked fine. When we got to the car, I asked her how much it had cost. $5. FIVE DOLLARS! I was kinda mad that I hadn't gotten mine done too. So this past Sunday, we went to a different shop and had a delightful time with the girl who did our pedicures. She was adorable. She was Asian, with an Asian accent, but also kind of a Southern accent. I could never even try to imitate it. But I loved her. And the guy who owned the place was really cool too. Again, Chrissy brought up the eye brow thing. I watched as she had hers done. He took a long time doing it, was really careful and all. So I figured what the hell. He handed me the mirror afterward and they looked fine. And then. Monday I was getting ready for work and I took out the toothbrush (not my actual toothbrush) I have to brush my eyebrows with. I like to make sure all the hairs are going the same way and such. As I was brushing them, I realized they're not the same after all. One is noticably different. To me anyway. And I'm sure it's apparent to everyone I quizzed at work yesterday and they just don't want to admit it. One is thicker than the other. See for yourself. (Click on it to see it larger.) Even though the light isn't great in this photo, you can still tell. Sigh. THIS IS WHY I DON'T HAVE THAT STUFF DONE AT STRIP-MALL PLACES. I'm not quite sure what to do. I know it's not THAT bad, but I still want to hide. brows

7 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

Ok, seriously? I can't tell. I think it's just because it's your face and you know how you want it to look. I don't think anyone else is going to notice!

6/27/2006 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darnit, girl! I alread told you it's not noticeable at all! You look fine. :)

6/27/2006 02:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

But I think you guys are just saying that! I'm scarred. Scarred for life!

6/27/2006 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I can't tell either. And I have no motive for lying, because as Mizz Nabbs can testify, I'm not nice at all like that. :)

6/27/2006 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Me neither! They look the same to me.

6/27/2006 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Oh all right. Thanks guys! I spose I'll have to believe you.

6/27/2006 05:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Hey LL, I'd go to a spa. They're just more likely to have individually licensed people for that stuff. Those strip mall places usually have one license for everyone. I read that in Real Simple a couple months ago.

6/30/2006 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home