7/13/2006

Could you just shut up, please!? Do you think it's possible to a cranky old lady at 31? Because I think I am. As I was standing in the aerobics studio at the gym this morning waiting for the teacher to show up (it was 9:28. the class is supposed to start at 9:30), I usually just listen to the conversations the other women have. I don't chime in. And that's because their conversations are stupid. Inane. Mundane. Not important. This one woman comes in every class just chattering away. Chatter, chatter, chatter. About nothing. Today as soon as she walked in the door, she starting talking. "Oh, that's just disgusting. Sometimes I bring up (the studio is on the second floor)an extra towel so I can dust before class." I didn't even want to know what she was talking about. "I haven't done that since my surgery, though. And mt allergies are SO BAD. A couple times, I came really early before class and mopped the floor because it was so gross. I do it at home, I can do it here too." The other women cackled and stroked her ego. "Oh WOW," they said, acting all impressed. What. Ever. I'm always the youngest one in the class and just never want to talk to anyone. Also, it's not even 9 freaking 30 so I'm probably still asleep. Since I don't get home from work until about 12:30 and usually get to sleep by about 2, if I get up at about 8:30 to make it to the 9:30 class, I get about 6.5 hours of sleep. Sometimes it's enough. Sometimes it's not. While I'm on the topic of the gym, I might as well get this other thing off my chest too. I hate it when people invade my space. I like to jump around in class and there's this woman who makes tiny movements, she doesn't go very far in either direction when we're grapevining and such. Yet, she ALWAYS has to stand right next to me. Close. Sometimes I hate her. Ah. Better now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... I empathise, I sympathise!

Susie :-)

7/14/2006 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

UGH! You actually have a woman in your aerobics class who does not work for the gym and yet brags about going there and mopping the floor? THAT, my friend, is disgusting - not the floor itself. ;)

7/14/2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

I think you should just sort of casually "accidentally" knock into the girl who stands too close. Every time. Eventaully, she will get the hint and move close to someone else!

7/14/2006 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Thank you Susie!

GG, I KNOW!!! And hearing her prattle on about it made me want to beat her.

Gen, I totally would, but she's gotta be in her 50s. Can't bring myself to do it. Though I do get awfully close to her. And she's squeezed into that spot between me and another woman, which is what annoyed me most. Esp. since the whole room was open.

GAH.

7/14/2006 03:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home