10/16/2004

Some bang for my buck Today at the gym, this woman in the front row decided she wanted to be all over the place. She was everywhere! Finally, she decided she wanted to be in my spot. I guess that's what she decided anyway, because she slammed right into me. No "sorry," no "excuse me," just that bewildered look of surprise. Like "OH! There's someone ELSE in class?!" So to her... watch it, lady! Oh, also I won a sweat suit. Only I don't think it's going to fit. So ya-stinking-hoo. I can't decide if I want to ask for another size or use it as motivation. There are way more exciting items that I hope to fit into soon, though. Just before class, I saw this woman in a snappy little workout outfit. As I contemplated my own old, thrown together duds (I'd hardly call it an outfit), I told myself that yes, her clothes are cute. But it doesn't matter what we wear. And that often people who are wearing those cutesy sets are new to exercise. And well... throughout class I realized that this was true of the well-dressed woman. She must have been just starting out because she didn't know most of the steps. And she had to be in her 50s. It made me very grateful that I'm taking care of myself now and not putting it off. Score one for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home