5/10/2005

Ya nearly gave me a heart attack, yeah well... From the Chronicles of Chloe: For a couple days, every time I looked at her she had something in the corner of her eye. Like runny eye, but it looked fine otherwise. Nothing was red, no irritation -- nothing major. But I was still a little concerned after about the third time. So I called my sister, the animal girl. Me: Chloe's eye is running a little, but it doesn't look infected or anything. Her: Well, have you had your windows open? Me (puzzled): Yeaah. A little. Sometimes. Her: She probably has allergies. Me: Aww! Poor Chloe! Just like her mom! Poor little kitty. Then yesterday I was standing in front of my closet, trying to decide what to wear (OK, it was my day off. You KNOW I was wearing yoga pants). In goes Chloe. She sits there and waits for me to open the closet door. I've always wondered why. Now I know why. There are some holes in the drywall in the bottom of my closet because... well, I don't really know why. My dad said the previous owners must have had a plumbling problem at some point and they had to cut those holes to get access to the pipes. There are two. One is maybe 6 inches by 6 inches. The other is maybe 4 inches by 2 inches. I could not believe I saw Chloe do this, but she squeezed herself into that 6-by-6 hole. I was so scared. I didn't know if she'd be able to get out. She's not tiny and that hole was looking pretty tiny to me. So I'm standing there trying not to hyperventilate and in saunters Jasper, He Who Can Make Things Worse. I scooped him up and blocked him out of the room while David stood in front of the closet saying, "Chloe COME OUT OF THERE." Which always works with cats, don'tcha know. I could see her peering out at us, her head pretty much taking up the entire hole. David told her to come out about three times and SHE DID. I could not believe that. Now I wonder how many times they have done that. No wonder they're always so eager to get into my closet. And I just remembered -- sometimes they stand there and put their paws between the bifold doors to see if they can get the door open themselves. WHO says cats don't have memories? Now I'm just a little apprehensive about what they're finding in that hole.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mair said...

Better yet, what are they hiding in that hole?

5/10/2005 02:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home