8/31/2005

Faux food for faux thoughts I bought some peaches so I was trolling around the Web looking for something easy to do with them to make a little dessert. The community recipe boards on Weight Watchers suggested I could make a faux peach cobbler (isn't it ALL faux over there?*). Peach cobbler? I was psyched. I've been wanting something peachy and warm and cobblery. Instructions are to use 1/2 c. of peach slices, a packet of instant oatmeal, microwave it then add some cool whip. Alrighty then. I have ALL THOSE THINGS. Oh, happy day. I took my packet of oatmeal and my peaches to the microwave at work and paused. The recipe (really it was more of a suggestion than a recipe) didn't say how long to cook it. And it's oatmeal... should I add some water? Oh whatever, I thought as I mixed it together, put it in the microwave, slammed the door and pressed the minute button. How bad could it be? I like oatmeal, I like peaches and I like Cool Whip. So in theory, I should like the end product, eh? I have to say it wasn't bad. But it so was NOT peach cobbler. That's OK this time though. Not like the cheesecake pudding, which was not OK at all. * all = mostly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home