9/04/2005

Happiness, Sadness My mom got here Friday for a visit. When she was getting ready to leave today, I told her she couldn't go. It felt like she'd just gotten here. Chrissy and I were talking about when our parents visit and how we get sad when they leave. We agreed that there's just some element of the unknown that makes us wonder if that's the last time we'll see them. Then I realized that I really only get that upset when my dad leaves after a visit. Sometimes he comes to spend a week or so and does stuff around the house that we can't do ourselves. The last time he was here, he rode off on his motorcycle and I had to wonder if he'd come back to visit again. Or if something might happen to him. I hate thinking about that, but sometimes it creeps into my thoughts. I really don't get that way about my mom. I think it's because we've always been pretty close (teen years notwithstanding, of course) and I never doubt that I'll see her again. (And because nothing is allowed to happen to her. We've already discussed it.) But I wasn't really that close to my dad for a long time. There wasn't any reason really. My parents have been divorced for a long time and he just wasn't a part of my daily life. And now that I'm all growed up and moved away, it's much harder to be a part of his life. Anyway. Yeah. My mom came to visit and we had a really nice time. And she made me an ankle bracelet. Thanks, mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home