5/11/2006

Another overheard and ludicrously stupid conversation As Nabbalicous and I lunched yesterday at a swanky cafe frequented by the "ladies who lunch" crowd (who complete the picture in their skirts and pony tails), I happened to catch this from the women at the table next to us: Lady 1: So, how's Michael? Lady 2: Oh, he's going to JMU now. And actually, he and some friends are starting a corporation. They're going to change the world through art. Isn't that amazing? Lady 1: That is amazing. Those theater people need to stick together. Change the world through art? Que? A corporation? Aren't those two thoughts mutually exclusive of the other? And the mother. She said it with a straight face -- "isn't that amazing?" Please. I hope those kids stay in school a very long time. A corporation to change the world through art. BAH HAHA.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone's going to be living in a van down by the river soon. "I'm gonna take the world and wrap it around my finger and stick it in my pocket!"

5/11/2006 03:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

HAHA! Down by the river! In a van!

5/11/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

I bet those kids also want to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.

5/12/2006 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home