4/25/2006

Back in time I recently took a tour of the Capitol of my great state slash city. It's being totally redone, they've stripped the walls down to the brick in some places. Those bricks, incidentally, date to the 1700s. Or something. That day, I played photographer. Don't get too excited though because can you say amateur? I borrowed David's fancy camera (he's the real artist in the family) and away I went with just a few instructions. Lots were blurry and lots were even indistinguishable. But here are some good ones -- because we all get lucky sometimes, right? outside It's a total construction site as you can see. worker I hope this guy doesn't fall. Wait, maybe I'm the one who shouldn't fall. walls Walls and ceiling. ceiling We were actually in the ceiling. The "floor" is made of scaffolding and we took steel steps to get up there. intheceiling A ceiling close-up. They're putting up something like gold leaf, but it's called something else. Something like tongue metal or tungsten. Or something like that. dirt Can you say dirt? birdcage Part of a birdcage elevator the crew found when they started stripping away walls. bars Lots of scaffolding and construction stuff. You can see the test patch of green paint in the background. skylight This is one of my favorite pictures. Standing inside the new part of the building, which is underground, looking out through the skylight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home