4/28/2006

My -itis Hola. I'm Jasclo and I have a condition that rarely allows me to return library books on time. It's called cantbebothereditis. Instead, I go to the Web site and click "renew" at least once as the due date nears to put off driving the 5 miles or so to return the book. How lazy is that? I have two books now. One I finished about two weeks ago. The other is (I hope) in my car somewhere. (I suppose I should really try to locate it.) I've renewed the "missing" one once and I tried to renew the other one, but someone wants it. Yeah, yeah, I know. Disparaging eyes are being cast upon me. That's fine. It's not spite that keeps me from returning books. It's pure unadulterated laziness. I can barely be bothered to go and pick up a book, regardless of the fact that I just request it online. I don't even have to go hunt for it. They email me when it's on the reserved shelf wrapped in a piece of plain white paper with my name on the spine. All I have to do is park, run in, grab the book and check out. Well, and sometimes pay a fine. I guess I'll hunt for the one in my car and then take the other one back. Since you insist. This condition doesn't apply only to library books, by the way. I ordered a perscription refill about two weeks ago and still haven't picked it up. In my defense though, I just remembered it yesterday. What? You can roll your eyes, but it's true. I swear it.

3 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Oh shit. That's not lazy, is it? I haven't gotten a DC library card bc I'm too lazy to fill out the damn form.

Yes, I've said too much.

4/30/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Dude. You're talking to the girl who had to pay $70 in overdue fees because she was too lazy to go online and renew the damn books!

5/01/2006 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

thank GOD i'm not the only one! whew!

5/02/2006 05:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home