8/05/2006

Something happens when the fever breaks I've been hiding from the heat. Yes, in my house with the air conditioning. And yes, that is where my computer is. But as the weather page put it the other day, we've been experiencing "oppressive heat" here on the East Coast the past week. Corrospondingly, my mood has been oppressive and perhaps a little oppressed. And sad a little. I don't know why. Or maybe I just don't want to admit to myself why because admitting it means I'd actually have to do something about it. Or recognize that yes, in fact, I hate this aspect of my life and we might have to move. And I don't mean neighborhoods. (Although that would be good too considered we were awoken (? I'm so not looking that up right now) at 8 a.m. by the idiot neighbor banging on his open doorway with a hammer. For two hours. If he hasn't beaten whatever that is back into place in two and a half hours, he needs professional help. Which I think he needs anyway, but that's a whole other topic.) We're talking cities at the least and maybe even states. The whole idea is just too much for me to think about right now. I've always lived in Virginia. I like it here. My family is here. Actually, they're already about three hours away which makes it hard to see them very often. But we can't move back there because job opportunities stink and real estate has just exploded there. And we don't want to move to the mess of Northern Virginia. Anyway, we're looking around and weighing options. Starting over somewhere else is oddly appealing but also terrifying and bittersweet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who's done it countless times, yes, it can be scary and sad. But it can also be liberating, rewarding and a hell of an adventure.

8/06/2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

moving is scary and sometimes lonely. but also it can be fun and interesting and you will meet people you never imagined.

8/07/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree -- moving and making a big change is scary, but it makes you grow in so many ways. You can do it!

8/07/2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Moving....sigh. I have mixed feelings on the subject, although I will say that I always adapt better than I expect to.

8/08/2006 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Yeah, it would be hard, but probably not as hard as I think. Does that make sense? It's just more complicated when there are two people involved and real estate to sell. And cats to transport.

Oh I have to stop thinking about it now. :)

But thanks guys!

8/08/2006 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home