10/19/2004

It looks like he knows what's happening


A smile before biking
Originally uploaded by jasclo.
Funny story to go with this photo of Mike during the triathlon Sunday: When I saw him Monday, I told him he had to read my post about the triathlon. After he does, he says, "You were there?"

Sigh. Where have I gone wrong? You see this photo. Doesn't it appear that he knows the person behind the camera? Alas. No. He does not. He said after the swim, he was mostly in shock and has no recollection of this photo even being taken. And here's me on the other side of the camera: "Mike! Hey Mike!" He looks over. "Hi!" I say waving and waving to him. He looks up and smiles. Now I'm not that far away from him. Maybe 15-20 feet.

But I guess being shellshocked from the change of being in the nice warm pool and then lumbering (his word, not mine) out into the 50-degree air could do that to me too.

Ah well. I forgive.
Postscript: Mike now CLAIMS (hahaha) that he didn't have his glasses on, and therefore could see nothing. In this own words, "I didn't have on my glasses! I'm blind as a proverbial bat!"

OK, Mike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now my dearest Michelle,

My memory has cleared, and now I recall that I mistook you for someone affiliated with the event!

You know full well that if I were in my right mind, rather than frozen and oxygen starved....AND if I had the slightest idea who anyone was more than five feet in front of me, I would have given you the warmest of greetings! I might have come over and given you a hug, dripping wet! Obviously, I wasn't in much of a hurry. :)

But as you have duly noted, my vision is extremely poor, and I couldn't see swimming in my spectacles. Sorry I missed you! Robin and Mary later told me that you and David had made the scene.

Thanks again for comming and supporting me. And thanks for the pix!

Mike

P.S. Love the blog!

10/19/2004 04:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home