5/13/2005

Danger! Danger! Settle in. This could take a while. The leather on my steering wheel was peeling. And this means we have to call the Mini dealer, which is never a pleasant experience. You just can't get those people on the phone. We tried for three days and then we just went over there. That was Monday. They said they'd fix it. Great! I was worried they would say I did something wrong, but apparently it happens a lot. (Stop right there. I know what you're thinking. The new one will probably do it after my warranty is up. But we aren't even going to think about that. So just stop it!) David set up an appointment for Thursday. But we both had things to do Thursday, so I had to call and change it to Friday. Aleady an ordeal! So. David took it this morning despite having to be at work earlier than he thought. He did it so 1. I wouldn't have to wait at the dealer for two hours, because I just don't have that kind of patience and 2. I could drive his truck to the gym. (I swear, it's not always all about me.) Last night, we went through how we'd switch cars. He needs to be at work right when my class is done, so he'd come to the gym and leave my car and take his. We went through who has keys to what to make sure no one is stranded. With it all settled, we went to sleep. He said goodbye to me this morning before he left and he reset the clock for me so I wouldn't oversleep. (aww!) I got up on time, got dressed, made my piece of toast with cream cheese, and was ready to walk out the door. When I remembered. My gym ID was in my car. AND the women's gym I go to will NOT let you in without your card. No matter what. I guess you could be dying and they would say, nope. Sorry. It's the rules. I called them told them the whole story. And how I really, really wanted to work out. Nope. Sorry. It's the rules. It's not like I don't know these people and see them several times a week. Most of them know my name. BUT I NEED TO WORK OUT, I tell the girl. Nope. Sorry. I have to follow the rules. But wait! We belong to another gym too. I could go there! But David's going to the women's gym to switch cars. WHAT a pickle. I decided to go to the new (fancy) gym. Maybe they'll let me in. And I can call David from there and tell him where I am. Why I didn't call him from home is just one of those mysteries we'll never solve. So I got there and they let me in. Even though I didn't have my membership card. How nice. I try to call David at the dealer, but he'd already left. Of course he had! Then I collected my stuff, went back out to his truck and did the only thing I figured I could do. I went to the other club hoping he'd show up soon enough that I could still make the class. Oh the irony of just sitting in the gym's parking lot. I was so tempted to get out of the truck and just start doing aerobics in the parking lot. But then I thought they might call the police because I was exercising NEAR the building without an ID card. David showed up about 20 minutes after the class started, so I did get some workout time. But as I sat in his truck waiting, listening to bad radio and harboring a lot of resentment toward the people inside that building, I made a plan for the rest of the day. And it involves a mall and spending some money. And possibly some shoes. Retail therapy. Sorry. It's the rules.

3 Comments:

Blogger mutts said...

pufffff!

5/14/2005 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

Dude. That is SO wack. I cannot believe that. There is absolutely no reason for that "rule" that I can see.

Big ups to you for cramming in the workout, however. And I wanna see those shoes. ;-)

5/15/2005 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Wow - hardcore.

For the record I have tried to use my ATM card, my T (subway) pass and my office ID to get into my gym. The woman behind the counter is always like: okay, I can work with this.

Plus, they know that I'm regularly receiving broadcasts from KRZY so I don't think anything freaks them out.

5/16/2005 10:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home