12/01/2005

I spied, so to speak A couple years ago when I got my Mini Cooper, I drove everyone nuts trying to find the perfect vanity plate message for it. I think it took a couple of weeks to satisfy my thirst for something original. I checked on lots of things that had been taken. Here are some that I remember: NUGGET GOLDRSH KARAT GLDNNGT 24 KARAT 24K GOLD SLD GLD (yeah, I know that one looks like sold) Finally, with some help from my friends, I found something that I liked. It's perfect and I love it. Now fast forward about two and a half years. To yesterday. I was driving to work and I glanced at the car in front of me. A silver Rav-4. And its license plate was 24K GOLD. WHAT? I mean really. What a waste. I thought well maybe he's trying to be ironic. Gold on a silver car... but it's just not funny. Maybe he used to have a gold car. But the one he was driving didn't look new at all. In fact, it was kinda dinged up. Oh well. I'm glad that plate wasn't available. It's just so obvious. [Eye roll.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home