11/29/2005

A conversation I came out of the shower and while combing my hair, I heard some hideous 80s metalish music on the TV downstairs. David had gotten into the shower when I got out. I went back in to return my comb to its rightful place. "What the hell did you turn the TV to?" "What're you talking about?" "Oh, come on. That music reeks of you." He laughed. "I didn't turn it to anything." "Well, it's some really awful 80s hair band music. It must be a music channel." "Are you sure it isn't Leno or something?" "Maybe it is." "It's probably The Darkness." "The wha?" "The Darkness. It's this horrible band going around thinking they're so cool. They play 80s metalish pop music. It's horrible. They think they're the coolest." The good thing about DVR is rewind. I came downstairs and hit the rewind button. Oh, hi Dave Letterman! I love you! Ahem, I mean, it was David Letterman. I backed the show up to the previous commericals and then let it run. He talked about Amanda Pete, who apparently had just been on. Seems he has a bit of a crush on her. Then he picked up the CD on his desk saying something about England and please welcome The Darkness. Well. I'll be damned. That's a pretty good guess for only having 80s, metalish and hair band as descriptors.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*GASP!* 80s hairbands RAWK!

11/29/2005 07:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dokken rhymes with rockin'.

11/29/2005 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REO Speedwagon rhymes with "AWESOME."

11/29/2005 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Ohhhh, you guuuuys. Hahahaha.

I don't know about Dokken and REO, but I'll give you... Posion. Every Rose has its Thorn, baby.

11/29/2005 02:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REO was dead to me after "Can't Fight This Feelin'".

11/29/2005 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Oh, I'm sorry, did they sing something other than that song?

Hahaha. I'm just kidding.

But really: It's time to take this ship into the shore and throw away the ore for-evah.

11/29/2005 11:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I had the hugest Rikki Rockett crush EVER. I still wear my Def Leppard CD out. As a matter of fact...I've got my going to work soundtrack picked out for this morn. Thanks, Jasclo! :)

11/30/2005 07:11:00 AM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

All right, I'll also give you Def Leppard. Esp. if we're talking Pyromania. Rock on, JN.

11/30/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Mair said...

2 items, from the Maliavale for Surgeon General files:

1. The Darkness is the band that kicked off a mix CD I had last year when we tried to get your computer's headphones to work. And remember when it did kick in and rocked the socks off my favorite IT person? Tell me you remember.

2. On the way to Richmond the other day, I heard a new Darkness song which was a) really pretty good and b) described as a throwback to '70s classic rock. More Queen, less Whitesnake.

12/01/2005 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

OMG, Mailavale. Yes! I remember that! I'm cracking up right now. HAHAHA. The image!

12/03/2005 03:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home