1/11/2006

Now just one minute I bought some Zicam yesterday, which by the way, you cannot get in any kind of pills. What is that?! All I saw were nasal swabs (ew and I can't use those anyway: "Do not use if you are prone to nosebleeds."), some liquid you poor into a hot drink (ew again) and some chews. With those choices, which would you go for? I chose the chews. mmm-MMMM. OK I'm lying. They're awful. First of all they're like big hunks of wax. Second they're "strawberry." And there are all kinds of rules. Don't eat or drink for 15 minutes after you chew your chew, no citrus juice for 30 minutes before or after. It makes my already-hurting head come very close to the explosion point. I was telling someone about the stuff yesterday. I'd seen commercials that say it makes your cold go away a lot faster. And I'm on a timetable here. So listen up germs! You're out of here by Saturday! No germs in Hawaii! My friend said he's used it once before but then saw an ad that linked some ingredient in it to heart attack and stroke. Great. It's probably for people who already have some risk factors, but still. I figure I'll use it this once because it's an emergency-like situation but no more after that. Oh yes, and the box says chew thoroughly before swallowing. So many rules! The whole time I'm chewing one, I'm thinking "OK, is THIS enough. Just a few more. Maybe now. No, wait. One more. There. Uh-oh, it's going down in one big lump. I guess that's OK because the box doesn't say otherwise."

5 Comments:

Blogger don't call me MA'AM said...

They didn't have the Zicam spray gel? That's what I use... no effing swabs! The gel is soothing-- no burning. In fact, I think it keeps nosebleeds away, too.

1/12/2006 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

i didn't see that stuff, dcmm -- but maybe they were just out of it.

1/12/2006 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

yikes, those chews sound terrible. I have a cold right now, too, and I'm using the alka seltzer cold stuff. it tastes disgusting, but I think it helps.

1/12/2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I've used it for a few years and I've lived: spray, swabs, and gross chews.

1/12/2006 01:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

I don't know 'bout no Zicam, but I hearts me some Airborne. Kinda tastes like Gatorade, and you can chug it.

1/12/2006 07:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home