1/12/2006

Spo-ho-hoky Our first stop on Christmas Day was to see my dad, his girlfriend and her family. A while after we got there, some family other members showed up. We hadn't met them before -- it was a man, a woman and a little girl. The girl was probably about 8. After they got there, dad came and sat next to me at the kitchen table. "You see that little girl over there?" "Yeeeeah?" "She has a ghost that follows her around." "LALALALALALALALA. Don't tell me this stuff! EEK." But then I leaned in. After all, it wasn't dark. Yet. "What do you mean?" "Well, they live in this really old house that's on a Civil War battleground. And one day, her mom asked her if she wanted some lunch and the little girl said, 'OK. Deena* wants some too.' Her mom figured she had an imaginary friend amd didn't think much of it. But she kept doing stuff like that and just having conversations seemingly with no one. So her mom would ask her who she was talking to and the little girl started telling her stuff about this Civil War soldier." Then the mom started researching the stuff the little girl was saying and they found the guy's name. "Sometimes," dad said, "he goes places with her." "Oh my god. Is he here NOW?!" "She's acting pretty normal. If he was here, she'd probably be talking to him and she's not doing any of that stuff." "Holy hell. I'm never going to her house!" *I think that's the ghost's name, but I can't remember. And I forget the little girl's name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home