4/19/2005

Spinning my wheels Today I went to my first spinning class. We just joined the same fitness club as our friends Chrissy and Tommy (makers of Abigail and Griffin). First of all, I'm not used to this fancy gym. They give you towels. And there's soap and lotion sitting around. And there's shampoo and conditioner in the showers. And there's a water machine you can use for FREE! And there's a cafe. And they give you TOWELS. The other gym I belong to is an all-women's gym and I love it. It's no frills and costs like $12 a month, but David can't go, of course. Which was the major issue. So we joined this fancy club -- they were having a summer special. David has decided he wants to shape up a little. He doesn't have far to go (unlike his wife, ahem). He says he wants to weight train and work on his abs. We'll see how serious he is about this health kick when he sees I replaced his regular pepperoni with turkey pepperoni. Snicker, snicker. Hey! It has 70 percent fewer calories! I wish the packaging wasn't so obvious. It's like TURKEY pepperoni. So anyway. I'm just mesmerized by this health club. And as for spinning, it's ... er, hard. But I didn't sweat nearly as much as I thought I would. Also, though... boy is my butt going to hurt tomorrow. And my legs. And probably anything else that I'll have to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home